BBMP has issued new PID numbers for properties this year. Here is how you can find your PID number, to file property tax.
This year, each property under BBMP has been given a new GIS-based PID number. PID will have ward number, new street ID and newly allotted property number.
To find your PID number, please follow these steps:
1) Go to the link bbmp.gov.in
2) Click on the tab 'GIS based new PID'
3) Go to the bottom of the page and click on 'To Know your New PID Click Here'
4) Enter the application number you used for your 2008-2009 property tax payment or enter your old PID Number and click on 'Search'.
5) Click on your name and then click 'Fetch'. You will get the details. Check for correctness. Copy/print this page for your records. (Note: BBMP GIS PID project is yet to be completed and if you do not get your new PID, do not worry. It will become available on the website this year, BBMP officials say.)
6) Click on the tab 'click here to view your property in GIS map'. You will get a Google Map of your area with your property details. Save/print for your records.
7) For corrections, you can contact your BBMP ward office.
8) Please note: In your property tax receipt for 2012-2013, this new PID number will also be given.
Quick tips for property tax payment
BBMP started property tax collection for 2012-2013 from April 2nd. The information required to fill the form are PID number or Khata number, SAS 2008-2009 and 2011-2012 application numbers, receipt and date.
Computation for this year is the same as last year, so data can be taken from last year's receipt. Tax amount includes property tax and SWM (Solid Waste Management) cess, and can be paid by cheque/DD/pay order or credit/debit cards.
For our detailed 2012-13 guide to paying your property tax, please look out for an upcoming article in May.