Bangaloreans, who are not part of the voter rolls can register at the BBMP offices or online (by Apr 7th, 2013).
For LATEST FAQ on 2014 Elections, click here
To know the procedure for online voter registration, click here
The Election Commission has announced a special summary revision of photo electoral rolls. This will help enrol first time voters, voters whose names are not in the rolls, voters who have shifted residences and already enrolled voters who need to correct their details. All citizens who will be 18 years or above, as on January 1st 2013, are eligible.
[This article, published in Dec 2012 has been updated 4 Apr 2013]
Draft Electoral Rolls for the Batch III Assembly Constituencies including 28 constituencies within BBMP limits, have been published on
5th November 2012 1st January 2013.
Hard copies of the voter rolls are available at BBMP ward offices, Offices of Deputy Commissioners of the districts, Assistant Commissioner of the revenue subdivisions, Tahsildars and at the polling stations.
CHECK YOUR NAME ON THE VOTER ROLL
Search using the online tool
Go here: http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/SearchHome_New.aspx. Search using your name, EPIC number or application acknowledgement number. You can also check the status of your claims, objections etc.
The pdf of the rolls are available at: ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/electoral_rolls_New.aspx
Use SMS service
Check your name on the voter rolls using SMS. SMS your EPIC ID Card Number to 9243355223, in the format, KAEPIC . The response from TD-CEOKAR gives the assembly constituency, Part Number, Serial Number, Name, Relation name, sex and Age.
REGISTRATION OF NEW VOTERS
The EC has given the list of Voter Facilitation centres here, where application forms will be accepted along with address/id proofs:
The list of Matadara Mitras is available on ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/PDFS/Mathadara%20Mithra.pdf
List of voter facilitation centres is available on ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/PDFS/VFC.pdf.
- Form 6 - For inclusion of names as first-time voter, inclusion of name missing from the electoral roll and transposition of name from previous constituency to present constituency. Enclose copy of address proof and age proof
- Form 7 - For seeking deletion of name from existing rolls
- Form 8 - For correction of any particulars in the rolls
- Form 8A - transposition of name from one part of assembly constituency to another part in the same constituency.
Forms are available here: ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/Citizen_Form_New.aspx
Check http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/FinalRoll2012/District.aspx to know EROs by District.
http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/FinalRoll2012/ERODEtails/BANGALORE.pdf - gives the details for Bangalore.
The EC has a online tool accessible at: http://www.voterreg.kar.nic.in.
We found that some people who tried to register on the site failed. We request readers who could register successfully to share their experiences. (UPDATED 5th Nov: We have received reports from some users, that their registration worked.). Registrations are accepted till April 7, 2013.
Groups like Smart Vote and Residents Welfare association are helping residents register. They are also working with BBMP for bulk submission of forms from apartments and colleges. To clarify your doubts, check the Smart Vote
To register, you have to enter the basic details like name, email id, mobile number etc. All details are mandatory. After this, the user will get an SMS and an email, with the login id and password.
Steps to get register on the voter list online.
• Click on www.voterreg.kar.nic.in - this is the Register/Login page
• Keep these handy:
- Soft copy of recent Passport Size Photograph (3.5CM X 3.5 CM), should be .jpg format and <50KB.
- Soft copy of Documentary Proof (Age) should be .pdf format and Maximum Size of PDF should be 1MB only.
- Soft copy of Documentary Proof (Address) should be .pdf format and Maximum Size of PDF should be 1MB only.
- Some tips (courtesy: Arbind Gupta):
- Do not use any special character (including comma, semicolon, plus sign etc.) in any field (particularly address field).
- If you are registering (as a new user) your email id for logging into the website, then do not give initials in the name field. It rejects it but the error message is "please enter a valid mobile number"
- One need to select each radio button in sec IV (if it is a fresh application (it behaves like a check box)
• Register yourself as per instructions.
- Clicking on register, enter a valid email ID and a mobile number.
- After successful registration, you will get an email and SMS with the username and password.
- Use this user ID and password to login.
• When you login, you can see the following options:
- For Including Your Name in Electoral Roll - Form 6
- For Deleting Your Name From Electoral Roll - Form 7
- For Modifying Your Name in Electoral Roll - Form 8
- For Transposing Your Name in Electoral Roll - Form 8A (suggesting not to use this option)
• Select the appropriate option. If you have doubts, click the ‘Procedure’ help link for the required option.
• If you are applying for Form 8 (Modification) or Form 7 (Deletion), search for your Part Number and Serial Number in the Assembly Constituency, using this link ‘Search Your Name In Electoral Roll’.
• In the form, choose your district, pin code and the Assembly Constituency. Ensure the data is entered correctly. You can also find the Assembly Constituency using Ward Name/Number.
• Then select the language of your choice.
• In the following page, enter your details (you may also enter the name of your relative - parent or any other person along with their Serial Number and Part Number, found via the link to search your name in electoral roll. Upload your photograph and the document id proofs (for age and address).
• Click on submit, now select the appropriate application and click on ‘Generate Acknowledgement’.
• You should receive an email explaining the procedure to submit the hard copy of the application to the ERO, along with the address. If you do not get the email, you can submit a signed copy, along with supporting documents, to the office of the ERO/AERO within 7 days to take up the verification process,
if you do not know the address of the ERO/AERO, use the link, ‘know your ERO’ to get the address and phone numbers. You can also send it by post to the address specified.
Some bugs (as on November 29th: (courtesy: Murugendra Chigateri)
- The senders name for these emails is "Test"!
- The instructions are for downloading a PDF, but there is no download option. There is only the option to generate an acknowledgement, and that is also not a PDF.
- This acknowledgement is nothing but two copies of the forms, with no clear indication of which form is for whom.
- There is no address indicated in the form, for where to send out the form.
- There are two signature lines in the printout.
• You can later check the status of your application in the home page after logging in.
INTERACTIVE MAP WITH POLLING BOOTH INFO
The Election Commission site has an interesting interactive map. Click on http://18.104.22.168/ceogis.
You can mark your residential location on the map - by navigating, specifying coordinates or by searching by name. The tool gives details of Parliamentary and Assembly constituency, BBMP Ward, as well as contact info for ARO and Voter facilitation Centre.
Check http://22.214.171.124/BBMPDELLIST/Dist_List_Bang.aspx to get the list of voters deleted before 10 Dec 2012. This may not be relevant for most people. There have been many additions to the list since December 2012.
Check http://126.96.36.199/add/Dist_listADD.aspx for progressive additions and deletions from the lists, status of applications.
http://188.8.131.52/claimsobj/generateform.aspx tells you the status of applications submitted after 16 Jan 2013. ⊕