The Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs department's web process for submission of LPG, BESCOM and Ration card information is now working. Use this guide to meet your deadline of Feb 19th (extended from Feb 9th).
For Bengaluru's netizens whose local LPG suppliers (Indane, HP or BP) are listed in the the Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs department's website, compliance with the January 19th notice on elimination of fake above poverty line (APL) ration cards got easier.
This guide applies whether or not you have an APL ration card. (Note: this guide does not apply for consumers whose gas agency is not listed on the FCS department's website.)
You can submit your LPG, BESCOM and Ration card information consumer data document scans through the web. On a successful submission, you will get an acknowledgment slip that looks like this. (The sample below is for a consumer who does not have a ration card and entered 'NIL' in that section of the form).
GUIDE & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Use this guide to meet your deadline of Feb 19th.
1. Scan latest copy of your LPG bill and/or your cover page of the LPG passbook that has the consumer number, LPG connection owner's name and agency name written on it.
2. If you have a ration card, scan that too.3. Scan your home's domestic electicity connection - BESCOM - bill.
4. Do all scans in low resolution black and white. File sizes should be 100KB or less, FCS department recommends.
5. Keep the LPG consumer number, BESCOM RR meter number, BESCOM location code fo your meter handy to enter into the web form coming up next. If you have an APL ration card, have the ration card number handy also.
6. Proceed to the upload page, enter the information and submit the documents.
7. If you have questions about whose name any of the cards or BESCOM meter should be on, and if you are in a rented house, recently moved in, etc, please see FCS departments guide below reproduced for your convenience from their website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (reproduced from GoK's FCS department)
1. I am staying in a rented house, so electric bill is not my name which RR # should I submit ?⊕
Whether you are staying in your own house, rented house or leased house or employer given quarters or relative's house., you have to give RR# of the electric meter through which you are getting electric supply to your house.
2. I am staying in one of the rented house of the same owner who rented few more houses and all houses have a common single electric meter, should I give the same meter number ?
Yes. All consumers have to provide same RR# of the meter.
3. My electricity bill is not in my name should I give the same number ?
Yes. Give the RR# of the electric meter which supplies eletricity to your house.
4. I have more than one meter in my own house which number is to be submitted ?
The number of the meter through which you are getting domestic electricity to your house should be submitted
5. Along with meter RR# what else I should enter ?
You should compulsarily enter " area code " a seven digit number mentioned in your electricity bill.
6. The LPG connection which we use is not in my name, whose name I should enter ?
You should enter the consumer name which is mentioned in your LPG consumer book or bill.
7. The LPG connection which we use is not in my name? example it is in my brother/ sister/ etc who is not staying here with us.
Mention the same consumer name as mentioned in the LPG consumer book along with
the consumer number.
8. I have two LPG connections, what should I do?
Declare both connections separately one after the other and give same RR# and ration card number for every entry.
9. My LPG is in my wife's name, and my electricity bill is in my building owner's name as I am in a rented house, what shall I do ?
Enter the RR# number of your house and your wife' name as consumer name.
10. I have an extra LPG connection but I am not using it frequently
should I declare it ?
Yes, declare it separately along with your same RR# and ration card number.
11. I do not have a ration card what should I do ?
Enter ‘nil' in the ration card number column and continue with the RR# only.
12. My ration card is an old and not renewed, should I enter it ?
Yes, enter the number of your family ration card even if it is not renewed or even if its address is changed, or the name of the head of the family is changed.
13. I have a temporary ration card, should I enter the same ?
Yes, if you are having any kind of card like APL, BPL, temporary, honorary or book type card you should declare its number compulsorily.
14. My ration card is in my earlier address where as now I am staying in a new location what should I do ?
Enter the same ration card number but enter the RR# of the present house where
you are staying now.
Updated February 9th, 2011. (Deadline extended)
See articles on