22 Mar '2017, 08:00 pm
| 14th – 22th of March | Alliance Française
Organised every year around the 20th of March, which is the « International Francophonie day », this event is the annual rendez-vous of the lovers of French language across the world.
“Dis-Moi Dix Mots” (“Tell me ten words”) is an international event to promote and celebrate French language across the world. This year the words focus on La Toile (Internet):
- avatar (avatar),
- canular (hoax),
- émoticône (emoticon),
- favori (favorite/bookmark),
- fureteur (web surfer),
- héberger (to host),
- nomade (the adjective mobile),
- nuage (the Cloud),
- pirate (hacker) and
- télésnober (the act of snubbing someone by focusing on one’s smartphone, laptop etc.).
The Alliance Française de Bangalore will organise, through range of events such as concerts and film screenings, and contests with exciting prizes to be won, the occasion to discover and revel in the beauty of the French language:
- Dis-Moi Dix Mots: Participate in the annual contest celebrating 10 words of the French language for a chance to win a trip to Paris! For more details on the contest, check out this article. All entries must be sent to the Course Director before the 7th March.
- Plume D’Or: The international writing contest will be held on 22nd March at the Alliance Française de Bangalore. For more information, please contact the Course Director.
- Concours Cuisine: Prepare a French dish (sweet / savoury) and present it to the jury on 18th March for a chance to win an exciting prize from Café Noir!