We welcome contributions from articulate citizens who are excited about writing on city topics. Please get in touch with us with your ideas.
Oorvani Media is the publisher of pioneering and award winning newsmagazines - Citizen Matters (from 2008), covering the city of Bangalore and India Together (from 1998), that looks at national public affairs with a developmental lens. This is a small firm and an exciting place to build a media and journalism career.
We are seeking enthusiastic, committed team members/freelancers with rapid learning curve and interest in community affairs.
Positions open (BANGALORE BASED)
STAFF JOURNALIST(s)[POSITION CLOSED]
A smart, intelligent journalist to report for Citizen Matters, plus write news features and analysis on national topics for India Together (depending on the candidate)
* Full time reporting
* City-focussed news, analysis, interviews features
* Investigative pieces
* Hyperlocal news
* Data journalism
* Excellent command over English
* Should have read Citizen Matters and familiar with the type of content we publish
* Should care about Bangalore, related news and happenings
* Should love to read
* Kannada speaking a must, exemptions will be made in exceptional cases.
* Should be a self-learner, highly productive, efficient, capable of multi-tasking
* Skilled in communication and social media
Experience: 2-4 years, with exposure to news reporting in a magazine or newspaper. The ideal candidate has the stomach for hard reporting on tough issues, while being able to mix up his or her workload with feature writing from time to time.
* * *
FREELANCE JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES at CITIZEN MATTERS
We are always open to features writers, knowledgeable about topics like arts and culture, music, sports or heritage and up to date on happenings in the city.
We also welcome creative talent, including illustrators and cartoonists — for general assignments or special focus on a topic.
Candidates must be:
- Are curious and articulate
- Have interest in community affairs
- For indepth reports, possess talent for investigative and analytical stories in simple and lucid language
How to apply
Please mail us at email@example.com - introducing yourself, describing your goals and interests along with your resume. Interested writers SHOULD send us samples of their writing.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a non-discriminatory environment for your work. In your resume, it is not necessary to include your marital status, caste or ethnicity. In addition, we will not ask about other factors - handicaps, sexual orientation, or religion - at any time.